- This event has passed.
Baltimore Kingian Nonviolence Core Training
April 19 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT
Introduction to Kingian Nonviolence:
Principles and Practices for Our Time
Central Maryland Ecumenical Council and Baltimore Peacebuilders is
pleased to offer this 16 hour Core Training to introduce the philosophy
and methods of Kingian Engaged Nonviolence.
The Kingian Nonviolence workshops are transformational experiences that have helped thousands of
people from around the world understand the depth of the philosophy of nonviolence, and learn to
begin to bring the practices into their lives and their work.
Through small group activities, readings, video presentations, mini-lectures and discussions, we
explore topics such as:
• The definitions of violence and nonviolence
• Dynamics of different types and levels of conflict, and how they escalate and deescalate
• Brief history of major campaigns in the Civil Rights Movement and “Dr. King’s philosophy
and methods of nonviolence”
• The principles (the will) of Kingian Nonviolence, how to view and transform conflict
• The steps (the skill) of Kingian Nonviolence, how to engage with conflict and organize a
Whether you are an organizer working for social change, a teacher trying to change the culture of your
school, or simply an individual trying to deal with the conflicts in your personal life, each
person will walk away from our workshops with new skills and a new perspective.
Monday-Tuesday April 19-20
Monday-Tuesday April 26-27
All trainings 10 am—2 pm EST with a lunch break
To register go to http://www.cmecouncil.org/Kingian-Nonviolence-Training.html