- This event has passed.
Kingian Nonviolence Introduction Series-Gandhi Institute, Rochester
March 30 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm UTC-5
The Kingian Nonviolence workshops are transformational experiences that have helped thousands of people from around the world understand the depth of the philosophy of nonviolence, and learn to begin to bring the practices into their lives and their work.
Through small group activities, readings, video presentations, mini-lectures and discussions, we explore topics such as:
- The definitions of violence and nonviolence
- An analysis of the different types and levels of conflict, and how they escalate and de-escalate
- A brief history of the Civil Rights Movement and some of Dr. King’s philosophies
- The principles (the will) Kingian Nonviolence, how to view and transform conflict
- The steps (the skill) of Kingian Nonviolence, how to engage with conflict and organize a campaign
MARCH 2, 2021 5:00 PM EST – 7:00 PM EST
MARCH 9, 2021 5:00 PM EST – 7:00 PM EST
MARCH 16, 2021 5:00 PM EDT – 7:00 PM EDT
MARCH 23, 2021 5:00 PM EDT – 7:00 PM EDT
MARCH 30, 2021 5:00 PM EDT – 7:00 PM EDT
APRIL 6, 2021 5:00 PM EDT – 7:00 PM EDT